Ladies, I feel your pain, it takes a village of products to have good skin!
For the past few years I’ve been determined to achieve healthy skin. Let’s be honest, we’ve all had our skin ups and downs. Having great skin takes work and effort, but it’s totally worth it because after all, we only have one face. A lot of people ask about my daily dose of face potions and skincare routine and it’s a process, so take note. Let’s start with the basics: please don’t smoke. Smoking and great skin are polar opposites- they just don’t go together. I would say this is the biggest don’t, now let’s talk about my do’s:
I drink a lot of water, sometimes exceeding the 64 oz. per day expectation. Water does a body and a face good.
The picture above is representation of my latest skincare stash of products. The reality is that as a beauty blogger I’m blessed with a lot complimentary products that I get to test drive, but I definitely purchase my must haves. I don’t skimp when it comes to my skin. You’ll notice that I’m using a lot of Lancome these days and that’s because I entered a giveaway on Instagram and I actually won! (I never win anything). Also, their skincare products are amazing. I should point out that my skin is dry (during Winter months) and normal during other seasons. Also note that I rotate a lot of these products depending on how my skin is behaving. So here we go:
- Cleanse- even at my darkest hour, no matter what time I get home, no matter how many glasses of champagne I’ve had, I always remove every stich of makeup before bed. I’ve been using this cream cleanser from Lancome because my skin is dry and this one really gets all the dirt out. My face needs to be squeaky clean. On days when I work out, I also use a gentle exfoliator to really get the grime out. If I need extra help to get my eye makeup off, I use the Bi-Facil makeup remover with a cotton round.
- Tone- I’ve been guilty of skipping this important step, but getting better at it. It instantly gives your skin a boost of hydration and who doesn’t want that? I’m testing Lancome’s Tonique Comfort at the moment and loving it so far.
- Skin Brightener//Serum//Oil- Depending on the day I start with one of these products before applying my moisturizer. This Skin Brightening Complex by SkinMedica helps even out your skin, which is perfect for me because I have hyper pigmentation. This product is definitely on the pricey side, but a little bit goes a long way. Other days I apply Genifique’s Youth Activating serum by Lancome, which gives me smoother and younger looking skin. When my skin is feeling very dry, I start with L’Oreal Paris’ Age Perfect Glow Renewal oil, which gives my skin a much needed glow boost.
- Moisturizer Day- I always use a moisturizer with SPF. Not only is it important to have moisturized skin, but it is critical to protect it from sun damage. I’m using Lancome’s Multi-Vital skin cream with SPF 30.
- Overnight Repair Serum- If you want to wake up to radiant skin, try an overnight serum. I give my skin a spa day every night when I apply this serum before I moisturize. I LOVE this one from Kiehl’s– love the way it smells, feels on my skin and the results I see every morning. It replenishes and improves the appearance of your skin giving it a well deserved glow.
- Moisturize Night-Beyond protecting your skin from the sun, once you hit your 30’s you’ll have concerns beyond sun protection and moisturizing. Anti-aging treatments are a must in my medicine cabinet, get ahead while you can! I will dive into anything that promises to firm, sculpt and lift. My go to for this has been Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, doing wonders for my skin.
- Dark circles and bags are my kryptonite so using a brightening eye gel day and night is a must. It moisturizes and brightens the under eye area. I’ve been using this one from Erno Laszlo and adore it. If I ever wake up with severe bags, I put to teaspoons in the freezer for a few minutes and then rest them gently under my eyes. It’s transformative.
- Mask- once a month I treat my face to a mask, it’s like a spa day. Been using this Origins charcoal mask, which helps clear clogged pores. It’s great to rejuvenate skin cells—your face will thank you!