previous post
next post

14 Comments

1. Yanira
    April 8, 2015 @ 3:32 pm

I’m always about supporting ALL women but this reeks of the memes that say real women have curves. It is hurtful no matter what size you are and in implying that because naturally I am extremely thin that I am no real woman is VERY hurtful. You shouldn’t have to knock someone down to make yourself feel better, that is not what the sisterhood is about. Unfortunately, a lot of brands feed off the cattiness that topics like these bring to light. At the end of the day, all press is good press right?

• Nashelly Messina
      April 9, 2015 @ 12:12 am

You raise such a good point– here we are talking about it, right? You are one gorgeous lady– thin, healthy and beautiful! Xo

2. Lana Hunt
    April 8, 2015 @ 9:14 pm

I agree with everything you wrote and feel the same way. As a teenager I struggled with an eating disorder and, although I am one of fortunate ones that did not do permanent damage to my body, I still struggle with my self-image. I am learning to love my body for what it is not what I think it should be. I also want to be the healthiest version of me that I can be and realize that my body produced 4 wonderful children and I should be proud of my curves and imperfections! As women, we need to support each other and believe that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!

• Nashelly Messina
      April 9, 2015 @ 12:11 am

Awwww Lana! This is wonderful! You are beautiful and I adore that gorgeous daughter you gave birth to! Thanks for your honest post. Sending love. Xo

• Gracie
      April 10, 2015 @ 12:36 pm

You are on point Lana!!!!

3. Gracie
    April 8, 2015 @ 10:58 pm

Wow!! Well said. I couldn’t agree more! Size doesn’t matter as much as one’s health! I’M No size 2,4,6 Or even 8…. but my body carried two healthy babies full term, breast fed them and continues to nurture them. My curvy body is strong, it runs four miles three days a week and I’m thankful! Our bodies are the vehicles that make wonderfu, magical things happen for our soul. I wish We as women would focus more on health than the size of our pants Or the numbers on the scale!
    Thank you Nashelly for keeping it real…..and BTW You’re one sexy woman!!
    Besitos!

• Nashelly Messina
      April 9, 2015 @ 12:09 am

Oh Gracie this is wonderful! So glad it resonated with you in some way. It’s a fascinating topic and a conversation we’ll be having for a long time! Glad to know you’re proud of your curves! Thanks! Xo

4. Executive
    April 9, 2015 @ 3:05 am

I’m a very petite girl. I have always been a o or even double oo. However, when I met my finance a few years ago we started eating way too much and I gained weight. I’m now a size 2. But I must say, being skinny still comes with insecurities. I felt like I had the body of a young girl because I did not have a butt or breast. But now I filled up and it feels good. I feel very confident. Anyway, my point is I agree. It’s not about the size but how you feel.

• Nashelly Messina
      April 13, 2015 @ 10:04 pm

Amazing! Petite and a size 2, I’m sure you’re beautiful!! We all have insecurities, regardless of our size. It’s important to celebrate and support each other. Xo

5. Kenia Nunez
    April 9, 2015 @ 3:55 am

Nashelly, what an amazing article you have written here. I’m having mixed emotions about this ad. I guess I use to be in the “no angel” category – but when I started taking pride in my health I dropped 50 pounds by way of working out and eating clean. I no longer have my signature latina curves, but I am darn proud of that at 40 years old – I am in the best shape of my life. A woman’s beauty is not defined by what she looks like on the outside, but what she feels like on the inside. That old adage may seem quite cliché, but in a society where women, especially young women are defining their self worth based on how they measure up to other women, we need to get back to basics. We need to be smart enough to recognize that if we are going to place value solely on what is on the outside – then this is a nice little reminder that what is on inside may need a major overhaul.

• Nashelly Messina
      April 13, 2015 @ 10:07 pm

Thank you for shedding light on such an important issue, we have talk about this for days, right?!?! You’re living proof that you can turn your health around and strive to look and feel your best. It’s not about size, it’s about feeling great on the inside and the outside. Regardless, we need to be supportive of each other, especially our young girls. Sending love my friend!

6. paul
    April 15, 2015 @ 3:50 pm

Nice to see a beautiful commercial like this for a change, beauty comes in all sizes